The materials used in decorative glass curtain wall are basically divided into four parts: skeleton, glass, filling material and bonding material.
1. Skeleton materials: skeleton, mainly consist of the skeleton of various profiles, as well as connection and fixation of various specifications of connectors, fasteners. Profiles are: angle steel, square steel tube, channel steel and aluminum alloy profile. Fasteners are mainly: expansion bolts, aluminum nails, shooting nails, connectors are made of angle steel, channel steel, steel plate processing. Aluminum alloy profiles should be refined aluminum alloy profiles and meet the requirements of GB5237 standard. The oxide film of aluminum alloy is no less than AA15 grade. The wall thickness of section section of aluminum alloy bar should not be less than 3mm. Aluminum alloy materials used for glass curtain wall are all made of profiles with various complex geometric shapes according to requirements. The alloy composition and mechanical properties of the profiles should be certified by the manufacturer. The surface of the profile is anodized or copper plated.
2. Glass: Glass curtain wall, according to the variety of float transparent glass, heat-absorbing glass (also known as stained glass), pad reflection glass (also known as mirror glass), hollow glass. According to the structure is divided into single-layer glass and double-layer glass, single-layer glass is generally made of toughened glass, thickness is generally 5 or 7 mm. Double-sided glass is usually made of non-toughened glass, the thickness is usually 5-12-5 (mm) or 7-9-7 (mm), the intermediate value is the gap between the two layers of glass. A single layer or double glass side is plated with metal film, called "reflective glass". Metal film is metal oxide. For 6 mm thickness and coated glass, the transmittance of sunlight is only 23% - 40%, while for general colorless transparent glass, the transmittance of sunlight can reach 78%. The reflective glass can play the role of shading, heat insulation and energy saving. The color of glass depends on the type of oxides, according to the different oxides, can form tea, gold, silver gray and other colors. Safety glass should be used for glass curtain wall which may directly cause personal injury, otherwise corresponding safety measures should be taken. Vacuum magnetron cathode sputtering coated glass should be used for glass curtain wall when heat reflection coated glass is used. For arc glass curtain wall, thermal spraying coating glass can be considered when installing and using glass. When installing glass, the surface quality and geometric dimension deviation of the appearance should be strictly checked. It must conform to the relevant standards and regulations. The surface of tempered glass should not be damaged.
3. Seam-filling material: Seam-filling material is used for glass curtain wall assembly and the gap between the block and the block treatment, commonly used filling material, sealing material, waterproof material three components. The filling material is mainly used at the bottom of the gap to play a filling role. Commonly used polyethylene foam adhesive system, there are flaky, cylindrical and other specifications. Sealing materials, in glass assembly, not only play a sealing role, but also play a buffer, bonding role, so that brittle glass and hard metal can be transited. At present, many sealing and fixing materials are rubber seals, also known as lock bars. Because it is embedded in both sides of glass when glass is fixed, it plays a certain sealing role. There are many cross-section forms of rubber strip, its specifications mainly to coincide with the actual size of the groove, otherwise too loose or too tight is not appropriate. Waterproof material is currently used more silicone series sealant. Among them, acetic acid type silicone sealant and neutral silicone sealant are selected more, which can be selected according to the base material. Because of its tube installation, the special rubber gun is used to inject the gap into the gap, which is easy to operate and convenient to store. Sealants for the hollow glass of concealed and semi-concealed glass curtain walls must be constructed with ketone sealant and butyl sealing putty. Sealants for the glass curtain walls of open frames and hollow glass can be made with string-sparse sealant and butyl sealing putty. Structural silicone sealants must have a manufacturer's test certificate of adhesiveness and solubility, as well as a certificate of quality assurance for physical durability and insurance life and a test report issued by a state-recognized testing department. The structural glue and weatherproof glue used for glass curtain wall should be strictly inspected for the date of leaving factory before construction and installation.
4. Adhesives: Because of the variety of adhesives, adaptability is different, the performance of the limb adhesives must be inspected to check its bonding strength and whether it is degummed and drummed after bonding, meet the requirements before formal operation.
5. Other materials, such as fireproofing, insulation materials, colored aluminium wallboard (used for decorative glass curtain wall edge or building corner), should also be inspected and checked according to the design requirements and relevant specifications.